Are you considering turning your garage into a comfortable living space, such as a home gym or a games room? If so, then it’s essential to have an insulated garage door installed. With non-insulated garage doors, your garage can be a chilly and uninviting room that’s unfit for habitation. By choosing an insulated garage door from Camber Garage Doors, you’ll experience a multitude of benefits, including:
- Enhanced energy efficiency: Camber’s insulated garage doors can help regulate the temperature of your garage, keeping it warm in winter and cool in summer. As a result, you’ll save money on energy bills and have a more inviting room to use as an extension of your home.
- Noise absorption: Insulated garage doors from Camber will dampen noise coming from outside and inside your garage, resulting in a more peaceful environment. Furthermore, your garage door will operate more quietly, without any rattles or creaks.
- Increased strength: Camber’s insulated garage doors are more durable and resistant to dents and damages than non-insulated doors. They’re also better suited to withstand harsh weather conditions, ensuring they last longer.
- Comfortable living: With an insulated garage door from Camber, your garage will be a comfortable living space, perfect for an attached garage.
- Reduced energy costs: You’re likely to see a significant difference in your energy bills with an insulated garage door.
- Practical garage space: Insulated garage doors from Camber can make the inside environment over 20 degrees warmer than the external temperature.
- Quieter: Camber’s insulated garage doors reduce noise by up to 16 decibels, making them ideal for households where the garage is adjacent to other occupants’ bedrooms.
- Enhanced curb appeal: With Camber’s range of insulated garage doors, you can choose from a variety of colours, styles, and materials, allowing you to tailor the perfect garage door to complement your home’s exterior.
Types of Insulation for Garage Doors
Camber Garage Doors offers a range of insulation options, including:
- Fiberglass Batt Insulation
- Rigid Foam Insulation
- Spray Foam Insulation
- Cellulose Insulation
Which Garage Doors are Best for Insulation and Energy Efficiency?
Camber Garage Doors recommends the following types of garage doors for insulation and energy efficiency:
Timber Garage Doors: Thick wood provides adequate insulation on its own.
GRP Garage Doors: Glass reinforced polyester is a naturally insulating material that is low maintenance and strong.
Roller Garage Doors: Although they’re typically only 19mm thick, insulated slats and weather seals can enhance insulation.
Steel Garage Doors: Although these doors don’t have good insulation, they can be improved by adding insulation.
Insulating Your Garage Door
To ensure your garage door is well-insulated, Camber Garage Doors recommends:
- Sealing the gaps around windows, doors, piping, electrical sockets, and vents to prevent air from escaping or entering your garage.
- Also, check to see if your garage door has weather stripping and replace it if it has deteriorated.
- Investing in small heaters, ideal for a quick boost of warmth while you’re in your garage.
- Insulating your current garage door to make it more comfortable.
- Purchasing a new, insulated garage door from Camber Garage Doors for optimal results.
If you’re unsure about the insulation inside your garage, speak to a local professional who can offer advice or provide the perfect solution. With over 10 years of experience in the industry, Camber Garage Doors has a vast selection of insulated garage doors to choose from.